Sunday 26 January 2014

LOOKING FOR PASSIVE VOICE EXAMPLES IN SONGS

Hey guys!!! How is it going? I know this is a difficult year and you are working hard. That is why I wanted to prepare a song to work in class and so we can have some relaxing minutes while we parctice grammar.

I have been surfing the net trying to find a song with some passive voice examples but it has been impossible!!! Can you help me? Do you know any song with some passive voice verbs?

The only song that came to my mind was a song by Morcheeba. I really like this song, but I am not sure if you would like it.

Anyway, you can hear the song and tell me the examples of passive voice in the song.

Have a nice week





11 comments:

Clara I. said...

Hi, teacher!
I've listened the song you have posted and it's ok for me.
But anyway... I've looked for some more songs to see if I could find something to help you... the result? A song which is "a bit" old... And there aren't too many examples of passive voice in its lyrics... But here you have a link if you want to have a look at it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gujmnDYe0

Hope you like it, although it isn't your style! (I think)If you don't like it, it doesn't matter!
Bye, bye!

Esteban said...

Hello, Teacher.
I´m going to comment in this post because I need tickets.
And I know one song with passive voice, I´m sure that you know Frank Sinatra, so this singer has one song qich said: "Dad was told by mother..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRDBvKGc1fE

I WANT MY TICKET!

Carmen María. said...

Hi Teacher,
I know this song with passive voice:
Aserejé a de je...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0PisGe66mY

ana the teacher said...

Hi Clara!!!Thanks for your comment.
I am not very fond of rock'n roll but this song is quite good!!! It makes you feel like dancing.

ana the teacher said...

Esteban, tickets??? Are you going to the theatre? to a concert? a football match? jajajajaja
I would never have thought you liked Frank Sinatra!!!
Well done.

ana the teacher said...

Dear Carmen,
Aserejé is one of my favourite songs. I can play this song in the class, but only if you dance and maybe Esteban can dance with you

Alejandro said...

Hello, teacher.
I've listened the song and I think the only passive voice form is in the title of the song: "Rome WASN'T BUILT in a day".
I have also been looking for another song with passive voice but I haven't found it, sorry.
Bye!

Alejandro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams - Eurythimics

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams - Eurythimics

A-Side 45 said...

The Who "I Can See For Miles"

Flowers Clock